Friday, April 24, 2015

Diappearing Act: When Getting Pregnant Is Just Too Painful



Once is sometimes enough.
Even studies have proven hundreds of fertility cases that acupuncture during embryo transfers increase take home, healthy, baby rate success by 50-65%.  

This was different but just as miraculous.
Eagle Acupuncture Fertility Expert received this message that touched our hearts so deeply:
“Hi Kristen, I have pondered sending a letter to your office, or calling, or messaging and just now got the courage. This is probably out of the blue- but going with my heart and gut here!"...

                              Listen To Your Gut


"...I came to your office last spring to seek out fertility help. I was in the midst of a clomid/hcg/progesterone set with (my)  Dr..  I have PCOS and we tried for about 2 years when I started seeing him December of 2013. I had heard about you on Mix106 oddly and said "what the heck?"…

                               Be Courageous


(She actually decided to pick up the phone at this point and call into the radio show.  She got through and she asked Kristen Burris, L.ac. M.S.T.O.M. the all natural fertility expert featured on the show “Ask A Smart Person” Then she called our office to schedule her personal fertility assessment with acupuncture, herbal medicine and vitamin therapy.  This is what patients around the world can do.  Schedule a consult over the phone and change their lives forever)

“…. Doing medical treatment was so against my nature, I had always had faith in natural things, but after about 6 months of diets/exercise and some supplement (of my own poor research), I wanted more.”

“…When I came to you, I only had one treatment but felt at ease and that good things were to come. Then before my next appointment, I found out I was pregnant. I hadn't even taken Clomid that cycle and was just on progesterone to get my period to start over. I was a mess- emotionally and physically.”

                            The Surprising Reaction


“Even though I was beside myself excited, I pulled back from friends, family etc. So I didn't come back. I did call to cancel my next appointment, and just didn't know where to go. I say all of this, because my heart tells me that YOU had a huge part in me getting pregnant. Whether the peace it brought made it happen, whether the treatment and supplements you gave me made it happen, or whether God did- I don't know, but you have held a special place in my heart and my journey.

So I apologize for not coming back, for falling off the map and all of that- but I thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I am proud to say that my miracles (twins) Hazel & Houston were born 12-23-14. I am so blessed.."

Natural Fertility Treatments Are No Longer a Last Option Rather A First Choice




"...We will most definitely try again someday, probably in 2 years- and YOU will be my first stop for treatment. I hope this is not too weird- but my instinct told me to reach out, and thank you. Love, Sarah Perkins”

                                                    The Pain Runs Deep


So much suffering and pain comes with infertility. You'd be surprised how many of our patients only see us once or for a month or exclusively use only our herbal prescription with vitamin therapy and omit the acupuncture aspect. More patients than you would suspect fall off the face of the Earth.  When we first started practicing 15 years ago we just couldn’t understand.  Now we do.  The pain is too deep.  Even in celebrating their first ever pregnancy, they need to retreat, hide their heart, go into a certain form of denial, stamp down their fears and hold their breath until they actually get to hold their precious babies in their arms.
In our practice we encourage patients to continue care once they are pregnant.  We can medically reduce the likelihood of miscarriage but also address not only physical symptoms that may be uncomfortable or down right debilitating but also soothe the emotional side of the infertile who has bloomed into the fertile.  Who was shattered by the grief and tenderly protecting the child or children in her womb and her own child that resides in her heart.

Sometimes, however rare, we never get to hold their babies, nor receive photos or a Christmas card to put in an inspiring book to help other women and men struggling with infertility.  Why?  It's too painful  because of all the suffering. Each person must find their own way. We respect each person and the way they need to process, even the good stuff. Just this month we found out that a patient of ours got pregnant with twins! She didn't tell us,  until now, the month of April and she got pregnant in OCTOBER.   She is now in our care again but she just needed time away to heal.  Sometimes it's just too hard, and we understand that even the good can be painful. 

Another patient, years ago, who was having suicidal feelings disappeared only to return a year later with twins in our office.  Astounded we hugged and she shared.  In desperation, she had changed her opinion about never, ever pursuing IVF and she and her husband decided to adopt two embryos, from two different families.   Low and behold all that acupuncture and herbal medicine and vitamin therapy had prepared her womb beautifully: their first IVF attempt and they were pregnant.  She saved two babies lives in choosing that route and healed her deep, sad, grief. 

Those of you who are reading this thinking ONE time?  She only needed ONE time?  Do not compare your treatment, your body, nor your baby’s life to another. Each of our births are exceptionally different and sacred just as our conceptions are too. Remember, she was also taking herbal medicine and vitamin therapy too.  Many studies only follow one acupuncture treatment and how it affects other fertility treatments significantly.

Some couples even with the most severe cases respond to natural fertility treatments even after failed IVF’s.  Some couples have success on their first try and others, have been reported as having as many as 22 failed IVF attempts before finally getting pregnant.

There is always hope and for this couple, the mother’s instincts were spot on.   Once was definitely enough for these precious babies to finally come home.  

 

                    Houston and Hazel on their Proud Mama's Lap







Eagle Acupuncture is a premier, all natural, fertility center that takes some of the most challenging infertility cases in the world.  Phone consultations available for female infertility, male infertility and unexplained infertility.   www.EagleAcupuncture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment